Q&A on mating please!!!!!

7quails3chicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
do quail have to mate each time before they lay an egg to make it fertile,and how long after they mate will they lay an egg, my quail have been mating for a week now and no eggs ,I have 5 females and two males all 8 months old

they do not have to mate to lay eggs, they do have to mate to have fertile eggs, after mating, i think the fertility last several days, usually they mate so often you do not have to worry about fertility, light, warmth and proper type of food is important for quail to lay.

"People Please"
lau.gif
I know they can lay eggs without mating iv gotten lots of eggs before without mating,
woot.gif
this is just the first time iv seen them mate,
woot.gif
My Q: was "do quail have to mate each time before they lay an egg to make it Fertile",and how long after they Mate will they lay an egg, But guess what today they did it,at 4:00 they laid there first Fertile egg!!!!!
yesss.gif
Im so happy cant wait to have baby Quails
love.gif

"People Please"
lau.gif
I know they can lay eggs without mating iv gotten lots of eggs before without mating,
woot.gif
this is just the first time iv seen them mate,
woot.gif
My Q: was "do quail have to mate each time before they lay an egg to make it Fertile",and how long after they Mate will they lay an egg, But guess what today they did it,at 4:00 they laid there first Fertile egg!!!!!
yesss.gif
Im so happy cant wait to have baby Quails
love.gif

One good mateing is good for a couple weeks...cva34

Back
Top Bottom