Quail Roos

MamaBear228

Songster
May 20, 2018
What do you do with your Male quails? I keep mine for eggs only(So i only need females) but i bought 7 chicks straight run so what do I do if 3-4 turn out male? Cook em? Are they to small to eat? Quail meat good for dogs? Sorry new to raising chicks! I do not need a rooster as i do not need to breed. Maybe later on down the line ill look into it but for now I dont need the males.

They are yummier than chicken and also easier to process.

If you end up with a few males, you might want to keep one around so that you'll be able to hatch eggs later if you decide to expand. How old are they now?

They are yummier than chicken and also easier to process.

If you end up with a few males, you might want to keep one around so that you'll be able to hatch eggs later if you decide to expand. How old are they now?
2 are 1 day old and the rest are still in the incubator! I have 7 tho so only wanting maybe 1 male for fertilized eggs but other then that i have no use for them.

Cook them! You’ll probably want 2-3 for a meal per person. I feed my dog the raw scraps that I don’t use (organs, feet, backbone) he loves butcher day.

Back
Top Bottom