Quail????????????????

Thank you for the site, but it really didn't answer any questions. The layout felt too cumbersome for easy navigation. I guess I can just google it.

Quote:
Regarding aviary size, you will most certainly get a variety of reponses, but always the larger you provide,the better. Many mass producers prefer to keep quail in battery-style cages, I personally find those repulsive and inhumane and wouldn't recommend them. I would prefer a min size should be about 4x8 for a pair or trio.

You could grab some aviary ideas from http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=23

More
galliforme avicultural topics at - http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

Quote:
If you don't want to get a permit and want to quail to eat, Coturnix (Japanese) would be your best option. Very few old-world species in America, pretty much just domestic Coturnix and Buttons.

Dan

Contact your Fish and Game department and ask about the permits. Id almost be willing to bet they will tell you the same thing they told me. I dont have to have a permit to have the bob whites, but I do have to have a permit to SELL the bob whites and other game birds.
They even sent me the permit paper work to fill out if I wanted and a list of locals who have the permits and sell game birds.
Good luck!

Cool, Lophura , thanks for the links. I want to learn as much as I can before I consider this truthfully.

I’ve never seen a Bob White and know nothing about them. I just love listening to them while relaxing on the back porch. But due to local hunters, we rarely hear them. So my DH and I want to help change that.

The quail place site is great but I agree its rather cumbersom. the search feature workes great though. I have seen lots of "avearies" and even went to a land preseve where they raise quail for hunting (a great place to visit if you want to get a better idea about raising quail) Our avery is huge actually ha ha ha smaller then it was going to be but its still huge. C

Back
Top Bottom