Question about Broody Bantam

Keshiaandadam

Cooped Up
12 Years
Jun 2, 2007
Hey everyone i have a question i have a bantam setting on her eggs every morning around 6:30 she will get off her eggs eat drink and go to the bathroom then go right back to her eggs but today she hasn't left her nest yet can anyone help me? what is the reason for her not getting off her nest her nest is outside so i don't really know how long she has been sitting on it i checked on her and she is fine but not getting off.

Yes They are fertile But how come she would get off the eggs for several days to eat and drink but today she hasn't got off at all? right now she has been on her her eggs 11 hours without getting off.

Not to worry. I would just put food and water near her so she does not have to go to far. How long has she been sitting on them? If it has been like 17 or 18 days, then she may just stay on them now till they are all hatched. Some hens go on and stay on the entire time. It just depends on the hen. You could try hand feeding her as well. Mine just loved the special attention. Well, actually my bantams did not like it that well, but there were 3 of them on the nest so they could just get up and the eggs would still be ok. The hard part was trying to get one or two back from the other hens when one got up. But it was very interesting to watch.

Back
Top Bottom