Raw neck and the others won’t leave her alone!

duckythechicken

Hatching
Aug 17, 2023
Hi! I have a light Brahma who is being bullied big time. Her neck is raw and the others won’t leave her alone. We separated her for the night and then I put cream on her wound in hopes the other hens wouldn’t peck her but they seem to like it! She isn’t laying yet and is in a flock of 6, all hens (we think). What should I do? My husband built a box for her to sleep in but we don’t have a fence so we don’t have anywhere for her to be separated from the others during the day. Can I bandage it or will that stop it from healing? I have no idea what to do!

Attachments

• IMG_8003.jpeg
    IMG_8003.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 9
Is there any one bird that seems to be the worst instigator? Keeping that one in a cage in the coop for a few days can sometimes help to curb the behavior.

Is there any one bird that seems to be the worst instigator? Keeping that one in a cage in the coop for a few days can sometimes help to curb the behavior.
I can’t figure out who it is! I’ve seen two peck her in passing but I think it may be them all.

Do they seem aggressive, or are they just slowly looking at her and picking out her feathers?

Also, tell me more about you set up. How many, how much space, what are the eating, etc. That can help determine the cause.

Back
Top Bottom