Recommendations for coop solar and automatic door

Hello everyone! I would love some help with solar systems for chicken coops.

After a fox incident, I'm looking to add an automatic coop door for my coop and in the winter, I have this deicer for the water. I recently moved and my coop is no longer close enough to run an extension cord for power, so I'd like to go solar.

Any recommendations on
1, solar system to use for the automatic door and deicer
2, which automatic door to use? I see so many on Amazon and it's overwhelming to choose. Afraid I'll drop $100 on a door and it will turn out to be a cheaply made piece of garbage that quickly breaks or doesn't work well.

Thanks!
We installed this one from Amazon and it works very well. We leave it on Dusk-to-Dawn setting and it has been reliable.

https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Ch...ae8f9840&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Hello everyone! I would love some help with solar systems for chicken coops.

After a fox incident, I'm looking to add an automatic coop door for my coop and in the winter, I have this deicer for the water. I recently moved and my coop is no longer close enough to run an extension cord for power, so I'd like to go solar.

Any recommendations on
1, solar system to use for the automatic door and deicer
2, which automatic door to use? I see so many on Amazon and it's overwhelming to choose. Afraid I'll drop $100 on a door and it will turn out to be a cheaply made piece of garbage that quickly breaks or doesn't work well.

Thanks!
I have the Ador as well. Made in use and is well built….built to last.
How forceful is the door should one of my ladies be midway when it comes down? Does it stop when it feels resistance?

Back
Top Bottom