Red Belly

Schuchman

Hatching
Mar 16, 2024
Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with our chicken all our other chickens are fine. I need some direction here. Please

Attachments

• IMG_8425.jpeg
    IMG_8425.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 18
No puffyness but does get aggravated when I get close
Sounds like she's just broody. When a hen goes broody, she pulls out all the feathers on her chest/belly so the eggs can be in direct contact with her skin, which keeps the eggs warm. She'll spend most of the day and all night sitting on a nest and doesn't usually leave for long.

How long has she been sitting? Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch, but some hens are very determined to hatch chicks and will sit for months, which can lead to health issues. Are you collecting the eggs every day? And do you have a rooster?

Sounds like she's just broody. When a hen goes broody, she pulls out all the feathers on her chest/belly so the eggs can be in direct contact with her skin, which keeps the eggs warm. She'll spend most of the day and all night sitting on a nest and doesn't usually leave for long.

How long has she been sitting? Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch, but some hens are very determined to hatch chicks and will sit for months, which can lead to health issues. Are you collecting the eggs every day? And do you have a rooster?
She’s usually only sitting in the morning when I go out to get the eggs. Other than that she’s in the run or outside grazing. Collect eggs everyday and no rooster. We do have fake eggs in there because they were having issues laying this winter.

Back
Top Bottom