River Introduction

FalseToast

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Southern Ontario
Once again, not a question, just an update on the new adventures with these guys!

Morning was good, cleaned them out as per usual. The puppy pads worked perfectly at soaking up their poop and the mess they make of their water! Much easier today.

Apart from that, I decided to take them down to the river on our property. Behind our house we have a clear view of the river thus I figured they’d be down there eventually, so why not introduce them now? It’s hot and the suns out so they shouldn’t get a chill. Whilst down there, they definitely loved it as expected from waterfowl! Dipping their heads in, swimming around, and even poking at the weeds! They took turns having zoomies which resulted in them scaring each other a few times but, they recovered!

They haven’t quite got the hang of diving under water and rapidly swimming like I’ve seen goslings and ducklings do—don’t know what it’s called exactly. One beached himself twice and proceeded to run into the other two and caused them all to go running around. Another time, it touched another’s foot underwater and scared the crap out of them and caused another sprinting session. Over all, I think they had loads of fun and I’ll bring them down here more often!

Video of them bathing happily
80826B1E-62B5-400F-B513-63C188AE6CCB.jpeg 0482B846-63B1-4D98-AD95-AD7D06FAECAE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom