Rooster attacking hen for wearing saddle!!!

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
This spring me and my dad decided to raise chickens together I ended up with four roosters and five hens. My main rooster Blue (Big americana) has been over mounting my only female silkie and her back is bare. I went and sewed a saddle for her out of the denim and flannel but as soon as I introduced her back to the group with the saddle on my rooster started attacking her trying to rip it off her. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do it’s getting cold out and her back is bare exposed to the cold air. I’m thinking about sewing one for him and making him wear it so maybe he won’t find it so weird on her???

This spring me and my dad decided to raise chickens together I ended up with four roosters and five hens. My main rooster Blue (Big americana) has been over mounting my only female silkie and her back is bare. I went and sewed a saddle for her out of the denim and flannel but as soon as I introduced her back to the group with the saddle on my rooster started attacking her trying to rip it off her. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do it’s getting cold out and her back is bare exposed to the cold air. I’m thinking about sewing one for him and making him wear it so maybe he won’t find it so weird on her???
I agree, I'd separate out the roosters.

When I have used saddles in the past, I put saddles on all of the hens so no one stood out.

Do you have photos of your Silkie and her damaged back?

Back
Top Bottom