Rooster (maybe) question..

z3lda3

Songster
Mar 24, 2024
Hi, I’ve got 2 bantam frizzle something’s and 2 legbars. The bantams are 4 weeks+ old and the legbars are pushing 3 weeks. They’re all about the same size, and share a brooder. I HIGHLY suspect Gomez, my frizzle with the red comb is a rooster. He’s more aggressive than the rest. But I slightly suspect one of my legbars, Muffin may be a rooster too. Used to be Gomez would chest bump Muffin, and she’d summit. Now that Muffin is bigger when Gomez does his puffed up chest bump, Muffin puffs up and bumps back. It’s so funny. If these 2 happen to be roosters, is there any way they may get along as adults since they are brooder mates? Or am I completely wrong and there isnt a rooster in the bunch?

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1131.jpeg
    IMG_1131.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1132.jpeg
    IMG_1132.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1133.jpeg
    IMG_1133.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 7
So cute! Pullets like to chest bump too so don't get to caught up that behavior. I would suspect the frizzle too. But I don't see clear signs of one the CCL being male. Time will certainly tell! And you're right that they have the best chance of "getting along," as adults when they start out as flock mates. Good Luck!

So cute! Pullets like to chest bump too so don't get to caught up that behavior. I would suspect the frizzle too. But I don't see clear signs of one the CCL being male. Time will certainly tell! And you're right that they have the best chance of "getting along," as adults when they start out as flock mates. Good Luck!
Thank you! I wouldn’t mind an entire flock of roosters! (Wouldn’t do much for egg laying though lol). I hope they get along, I’d hate to separate them or put them in time out or..ok I have no idea what ppl do when Roosters don’t get along. Give them a stern talking to??

Thank you! I wouldn’t mind an entire flock of roosters! (Wouldn’t do much for egg laying though lol). I hope they get along, I’d hate to separate them or put them in time out or..ok I have no idea what ppl do when Roosters don’t get along. Give them a stern talking to??
They rehome or eat them.
You don't need to keep all or any of them.

Back
Top Bottom