Rooster with black marks and white on comb

Celcampbell23

Chirping
Jul 20, 2021
Davidson, North Carolina
I have a barnevelder roo with black marks and some white looking stuff on his comb. The black marks are present on some other roosters as well but I always thought it was due to roosters fighting (I have an over abundance of roosters currently and have been desperately trying to rehome). However now with the white I’m more concerned. Any ideas? I thought fowl pox for a short time but they seem to be less dots and more marks

Attachments

• IMG_6063.jpeg
    IMG_6063.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 7
I have a barnevelder roo with black marks and some white looking stuff on his comb. The black marks are present on some other roosters as well but I always thought it was due to roosters fighting (I have an over abundance of roosters currently and have been desperately trying to rehome). However now with the white I’m more concerned. Any ideas? I thought fowl pox for a short time but they seem to be less dots and more marks
I’m in no way an expert, but mine all had similar black spots and folks here diagnosed them with fowl pox. They all eventually caught it but no other symptoms other than the scabby spots.

Looks like peck marks that are healing and perhaps a bit dry.
This is what I was thinking. Several of my birds have these spots on their combs, but none of the yellow-ish dots that were posted above. The white seems to appear where the scab has fallen off on my birds. Like when a person's scab falls off and it looks a bit odd underneath.

Back
Top Bottom