sausage from meaties?

Tad

Songster
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
South TX on the border
I am gonna hold a couple off to the side and let them get another week or 2 on them and then try a batch in the grinder, anybody else make chicken sausage?

No but I would sure like to know how
smile.png

never did chicken but this year I did do some turkey sausage. Did not use homegrown got some for $.39 a pound before turkey day. I did some with apple because I had chicken apple sausage one time I really liked. Turns out it's good with turkey too. I did spicy Italian and another flavor I can't think of right now. I did loose sausage instead of links but they would be good too. The one thing I would do different is use a coarser grinding plate. I used my fine which is 1/8" that is what I normally use for my deer sausage but in retrospect I think it was too fine for turkey. I would use at least a 1/4" plate or maybe even a 3/8" plate. I'm hoping to raise some meaties this year and want to do the same.

I think I am going with a italian blend, and duly noted on the size of plate, I am looking at a feta cheese and spinach recipe too!!
While looking over various sausage blends etc, duck sausage popped up up a couple times and now I am thinking when this next batch of meaties is gone....maybe do 10 ducks, jumbo pekins and see how well that goes too!!!

One of my favorite sausage brands is a chicken sausage - I buy it all the time...
For the life of my I cannot remember the name of the brand, but their Italian sausage is divine.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom