Saved my 4 week olds from a snake!!!

lovemychicks9

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
South Carolina
I found a tried and true snake repellant today and I am so stocking up on it. I was sitting in the back yard trying to convince the 4 week old girls to come out and enjoy the pen as they were looking out the pop hole at me. I decided to put some powdered sulphur around the coop again to keep the ticks away and my very dear friend and chickie goddess had told me it worked on snakes too. (I tended to think that was on old farmers tale but, ) so with bucket in hand I was spreading a wide band all the way around and when I got to the other side about 5 inches away from the door to the fuzzy butt side of the coop there was a plastic tote next to the side of the coop. So I pulled it away from the side to throw sulphur behind it and ----- OMG !!!!! There was a big
ep.gif
BLACK SNAKE
ep.gif
about 1 1/2 feet long next to the door and it was headed to go under the door in the gap. My 4 week olds were about 8 inches away from the door inside too! Well I had already spread a thick band of sulphur behind me and when I saw the snake , he got 1/2 a bucket dumped on him. I swear I have never seen a snake actually look like he tried to jump over the path of sulphur to get away, but it was too wide and he had to go through it and then he got the bath in it from above. He left sooo fast that I do not even know where he went but I gaurantee it was the other way of the powdered sulphur. So I called DH and told him to go to the garden store this weekend and get 2 or 3 more bags of it for me. I will be using it heavy from now on ALL around the hen and chickie pen to keep the snakes away. When I think how so very close he was to getting my babies I was so mad I hope his skin burns for a very loing time!!!!! Trudy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom