Selling eggs, for eating/hatching..?

I agree with KaleAm about checking local rules.

I was able to find a buyer on Kijiji that buys all the duck and chicken eggs I can provide. Nice to deal with just one person, and we have delivery/pickup arrangements. Duck eggs $5 dozen. Chicken eggs $3 dozen.

A neighbour also has a permanent unmanned road side stand where they sell eggs and vegetables in season. It is run on the honour system of people leaving the money in a can. They have been doing it for years so I guess people are basically honest.

Try co-workers, friends, church, family, neighbors. My best "customer" is my next door neighbor who I trade yard work for eggs each week. He owns a landscape business so on his short Mondays his guys go over to my house and do my yard work to finish their day. And my DH co-workers love the fresh eggs (one is the culinary director and another is a hobby baker even though he is an electrician at work). I don't have ducks yet, just chickens - hoping to get ducks later this year. The lady I hope to get duck hatching eggs from has an Asian customer coming up to her house to buy duck eating eggs for $10 a dozen.

Back
Top Bottom