Serama breeding big girls

Pampered chicken girl

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hi everyone, I am thinking about getting a Serama rooster and hen sometime in the future I currently have 14 hens and a silkie rooster. Do you think the Serama rooster will be able to breed the large fowl hens? I don't need him to breed the large fowl girls but if he can't does this mean that there would be less conflict between the two roos.
I have a mixed flock currently of Bantam and standard fowl.

His ability or inability to breed the large fowl hens will have no impact on his interaction with the present flock rooster. It is extremely likely that they will fight. Given enough space they may resolve the conflict.

His ability or inability to breed the large fowl hens will have no impact on his interaction with the present flock rooster. It is extremely likely that they will fight. Given enough space they may resolve the conflict.
Okay thank you I am thinking about getting more Bantam hens for him. My silky roo is pretty docile and unmotivated so I'm thinking that they will be okay together once they work things out

Do you think the Serama rooster will be able to breed the large fowl hens?
He might breed the large fowl hens, or he might not.

Some bantam roosters figure out how to make it work, and some just can't seem to manage. It seems to depend on the individual rooster and his technique, not the breed or the exact size of the chickens involved.

Back
Top Bottom