Sexing and Species

beccawecks

Hatching
Jun 11, 2023
Hello all!
I’ve read a lot about how to sex my duck with the voice method but I only have one so it’s a bit difficult. I purchased my duck at tractor supply and they told me it’s either a Rouen or a Mallard and they didn’t know the gender. My duck is going to be 7 weeks old this Friday, and I’m new to this whole ordeal. If anyone could possibly help me with identifying and sexing that would be amazing! I was leaning more towards male because of the green sheen to the head, but a lot of forums have me second guessing. Either way, I’m keeping the name Barbecue!!
Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 11
Hello all!
I’ve read a lot about how to sex my duck with the voice method but I only have one so it’s a bit difficult. I purchased my duck at tractor supply and they told me it’s either a Rouen or a Mallard and they didn’t know the gender. My duck is going to be 7 weeks old this Friday, and I’m new to this whole ordeal. If anyone could possibly help me with identifying and sexing that would be amazing! I was leaning more towards male because of the green sheen to the head, but a lot of forums have me second guessing. Either way, I’m keeping the name Barbecue!!
Thanks!!
Hi, pretty duck! Can you post a video of the duck making noises? I believe it’s a Rouen

Back
Top Bottom