Should I dump chicken food after excessive hot days?

They were free ranging in the backyard and came back to eat from time to time.
The coop doors were wide open and PVC feeders were exposed to direct sunlight for a few hours per day.
No bad smell or any sign.

View attachment 3253343
The elbows may be too deep. I have no experience with that style feeder, so a grain of salt.

Also, I have concerns about the size and ventilation of the coop. What are the measurements?

The elbows may be too deep. I have no experience with that style feeder, so a grain of salt.

Also, I have concerns about the size and ventilation of the coop. What are the measurements?

Coop size is about 3'x4'x4' and I have vents under the eaves.

Coop size is about 3'x4'x4' and I have vents under the eaves.
General recommendation is 1 sf of vent for each adult standard size bird. 2-3x that for hot climates. You don't have to answer me. Just for you to look at and consider.

The coop size is small, but being in a hot climate you likely have mild winters and no need to "coop" them up. If you can maintain 1 linear foot of roost each, you can probably make it work.

Back
Top Bottom