Sick chicken

Ting ting

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2023
My chicken Jade has been acting lethargic for days. She looks puffed up and is in the coop while the others are out in the run. Today I noticed she had a poop butt so I cleaned her up and put her in the bathroom she does not look well her stool is watery. After cleaning her I did not notice anything unusual. I have seen her eat and drink

When was the last time she layed? I would check in her mouth and throat for lesions and check her ears for infection. Also check her eyes for any swolleness and discharge. I would start off by giving her some plain greek yogurt and scrambled eggs.

She has not layed an egg yet that I know of, not all my girls are laying just yet. Her eyes and ears look good. She did have a solid poop after I posted this. She will eat when I walk in,however I haven't seen her drink. I think she's only eating trying hard to act normal if that makes sense.

She has not layed an egg yet that I know of, not all my girls are laying just yet. Her eyes and ears look good. She did have a solid poop after I posted this. She will eat when I walk in,however I haven't seen her drink. I think she's only eating trying hard to act normal if that makes sense.
Yes, it does! I would give her the scrambled eggs and yogurt. You could try dipping her beak in water to get her to drink.

4C4CBAB6-4F71-4C2A-8BFF-012C2A647281.jpeg
44B6EB56-0A59-4456-AC43-EBF4FCFD0E2C.jpeg
B0F25239-A8CD-4D64-B4B9-8F9FFFBAF8C3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom