Sick Chicken

monica1826

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2020
My chicken has been lethargic for the past four days. She's eating and drinking fine, but she doesn't make any noise when I touch her feathers. Her breathing seems a bit heavy or labored, but otherwise, she's okay. She's slow and spends most of her time standing. When I take her out, she scratches the ground and pecks around. At night, I bring her inside, and she stays in her nest box. I took her to the vet, and they confirmed she isn't egg-bound. She doesn't have runny eyes or nose, and her wattle appears normal. Her droppings are a little watery, but mostly fine. She hasn't been laying many eggs lately. She's almost exactly three years old, and none of my other chickens are showing similar symptoms. She doesn't seem to have mites. The vet said she does seem like she is in pain and believed she wouldn't make it. I don't have money for further treatment but o got her pain medication. That was last Thursday though. I've given her electrolytes in her water and food supplement but that's it so far. I need help if anyone has had something similar. 🙏🙏

ChatGPT can make mistakes. Consider checking important information.

My avian vet always defaults to crop issues. I will mix papaya. olive oil, and metamucil in their yogurt when I am not using the medication prescibed by the vet. What does her poop look like?

Back
Top Bottom