Sick Hen

Htwo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 5, 2018
SWMO, Nixa
My 3 year old Sussex hen has been sick for over a month now and it seems to be getting worse. Her breathing is raspy and she looks like it's very hard to breathe sometimes. She has not been laying for a couple months, but that's not unusual. None of my other hens are exhibiting symptoms. I've been using VetRx but I don't think it's doing any good. I can't take her to the vet. My TSC doesn't carry any other medications. What can I do??

I'll try to figure out how to upload a video I got this morning..

My 3 year old Sussex hen has been sick for over a month now and it seems to be getting worse. Her breathing is raspy and she looks like it's very hard to breathe sometimes. She has not been laying for a couple months, but that's not unusual. None of my other hens are exhibiting symptoms. I've been using VetRx but I don't think it's doing any good. I can't take her to the vet. My TSC doesn't carry any other medications. What can I do??

I'll try to figure out how to upload a video I got this morning..
You can upload the video to Yout*be or similar and post the link here.

How do her poops look? Picture?

When did you last deworm her/your flock?

Did you feel her crop, is it emptying correctly during the night?

What does her lower abdomen look like? Is it swollen? Hard or rather squishy like a water filled balloon?

Have you recently added new birds to your flock?

Video of hen breathing

I don't have a pic of her poop, but it appears fine. I've never dewormed. Her crop feels normal and all other body parts appear normal. I've not added any new birds to my flock and all my other hens are fine.

Back
Top Bottom