Jun 2, 2023
Does anyone know what the possible colors are if you were to pair a paint silkie rooster to blue partridge or grey silkie hens? There’s very few resources I’ve been able to find on grey and partridge color genes, I have eggs hatching tomorrow and I’m really curious on what colors to expect.

With the partridge, You will get blue with leakage, black with leakage, blue paint with leakage, and paint with leakage. Which color leakage is dependent on whether your paint is silver based.
With grey, much the same, except there will be no blue or blue paint chicks.

With the partridge, You will get blue with leakage, black with leakage, blue paint with leakage, and paint with leakage. Which color leakage is dependent on whether your paint is silver based.
With grey, much the same, except there will be no blue or blue paint chicks.
Okay thank you! So currently I’m just breeding for fun but eventually I would like to produce quality birds. I understand leakage is an extremely undesirable trait in your birds. If the blue partridge hen is going to produce a lot of babies with leakage should I cut her from any future programs unless I intend to breed her to a partridge rooster?

Okay thank you! So currently I’m just breeding for fun but eventually I would like to produce quality birds. I understand leakage is an extremely undesirable trait in your birds. If the blue partridge hen is going to produce a lot of babies with leakage should I cut her from any future programs unless I intend to breed her to a partridge rooster?
Yes

Back
Top Bottom