Silkie cross breeds, what am I?!

SilkieMama519

Hatching
Apr 6, 2024
About 4 weeks ago I had a broody hen whose eggs didn’t hatch. I found a breeder who gave me a ‘grab bag’ of new chicks to put under my girl. She said they weren’t full silkies so she didn’t make me pay for them, I am using them only as pets so it didn’t matter to me. However I’m curious and I think it’s fun to guess what they are! All three have an extra toe, the black and white have black skin and beaks and the brown one has furry feet, extra toe and yellow skin and beak. I’m also curious about the patterns on them and what they’d be called.

Attachments

• IMG_6857.jpeg
    IMG_6857.jpeg
    814.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    860.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6834.jpeg
    IMG_6834.jpeg
    848.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6836.jpeg
    IMG_6836.jpeg
    829.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6823.png
    IMG_6823.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6821.png
    IMG_6821.png
    3 MB · Views: 16
Ooh that's gonna be harr to tell! It makes it even more difficult not knowing if the silkies are crosses with a bantam breed or a standard breed. You might be able to tell once they're a little older. They're currently in that ugly "teenager" faze with most feathers but not all and looking funky lol! 🤣 But it's pretty obvious that you have a white, and that last chick looks to be partridge in color! The first has no rhyme or reason with its color right now, but those chest feathers that are coming in are gorgeous! 😍

Ooh that's gonna be harr to tell! It makes it even more difficult not knowing if the silkies are crosses with a bantam breed or a standard breed. You might be able to tell once they're a little older. They're currently in that ugly "teenager" faze with most feathers but not all and looking funky lol! 🤣 But it's pretty obvious that you have a white, and that last chick looks to be partridge in color! The first has no rhyme or reason with its color right now, but those chest feathers that are coming in are gorgeous! 😍
Aren’t those chest feathers so pretty!! The first one is throwing me off the most with that coloring. If it helps she only has bantams, no standard breed. And do you think the white is a silkie? She has no foot feathers, and smooth feathers. I was almost thinking a polish or spitzhauben mix? But I guess she could be a satin?

They areeeee! Did she have a spitzhauben? I could see the first one being a spitzhauben mixed possibility with a silkie! The white one could very well be mixed with a satin silkie! As it still has the dark skin, legs and 5 toes! There are very few 5 toed breeds.
Yes she has spitzhaubens and polish. I got this pretty girl from her last year!

IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5995.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom