Little white one looks like a pullet. The black one looks like a cockerel and the champagne looks like a pullet so far, but it could just be a late bloomer.
Thank you so much! The champagne one is a little feisty so I’m super on the fence about it, but fingers crossed we end up with a pullet and there’s one more we can keep!

The 3 are females, if they were makes they would have a way bigger comb and at least a little red on the comb at 12 weeks, first 2 picture is my 15 week old cockerel (male) and the 2 last picture is my 15 week old pullet (female), you should be able to tell the difference at 12 weeks between a cockerel and a pullet.

Attachments

• image 4.jpg
    image 4.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 21
  • image 6.jpg
    image 6.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 25
I check again and yes the black silkie could be a cockerel, just a late bloome.
Thank you so much for your input and the photos! I just don’t see too much of a difference between the champagne silkie and the black silkie! They are around the same size, they fight each other frequently, while the pure white one is definitely smaller and much more docile. I was just really hoping to keep at least 2! :(

Thank you so much for your input and the photos! I just don’t see too much of a difference between the champagne silkie and the black silkie! They are around the same size, they fight each other frequently, while the pure white one is definitely smaller and much more docile. I was just really hoping to keep at least 2! :(
Yes the black is like a 50/50 chance of being a pullet or a cockerel but just a late bloomer if it is a cockerel.

Sweet lil fluff's!! I am trying to learn how to tell gender what makes the white one a pullet ? VS the Black one Thanks!!! Beautiful Chicks!

Sweet lil fluff's!! I am trying to learn how to tell gender what makes the white one a pullet ? VS the Black one Thanks!!! Beautiful Chicks!
I think there all pullets but the black maybe a cockerel because she (probably) has a little bit bigger comb the the other 2 pullets but I think she if a pullet because their would be a way bigger comb if it was a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom