Silkie x ? mix. I need help identifying

Feb 7, 2024
I got this silkie mix from one of my cousins neighbors and I am trying to figure out what it is mixed with. She has 5 toes like a silkie
Thanks in advance!

Dutch.jpg
IMG_2601.jpeg

Feather pattern is golden laced. It's in several breeds. Wyandotte, Polish are 2 that come to mind. Didn't think it would come through so clearly in a cross. Any idea what color the silkie parent is?

Edit: there are 5 breeds that are 5 toed, silkie being 1 of them. Mixed offspring of any of them can have the toes one one or both feet, but they can also get just the 4 toes on both feet. The breeds: silkie, dorking, houdan, sultan, and faverolle. Dorking and houdan are clean legged, the others have feathered feet.

Feather pattern is golden laced. It's in several breeds. Wyandotte, Polish are 2 that come to mind. Didn't think it would come through so clearly in a cross. Any idea what color the silkie parent is?

Edit: there are 5 breeds that are 5 toed, silkie being 1 of them. Mixed offspring of any of them can have the toes one one or both feet, but they can also get just the 4 toes on both feet. The breeds: silkie, dorking, houdan, sultan, and faverolle. Dorking and houdan are clean legged, the others have feathered feet.
I don't really know. The person I got it from has a lot of chickens and a ton of breeds. He's not the best chicken keeper and my cousin got 5 chickens from him for us so we could give them a better life.

Back
Top Bottom