Sneezing

Quote:
Thanks for the link
wink.png

Occasionally my girls get the sniffles in the winter - don't we all! If your girl is eating well, scratching and pecking and otherwise seeming OK, you probably don't have to worry. Don't add any more chickens in close proximity to her until you are sure, however.
The Poultry Vet Rx mentioned by bayouchica is great stuff. I coat their legs with it as well as the combs and wattles, and sometimes the perches as well.

Mr. Dad, no problem.
smile.png
If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know what to do. So many great people have helped me along last two years.
Good to be able to pass on what little I know to ya!!

Have a good one!!
Miriam

We've had ours sneezing once or twice this winter; (when it wasn't related to our ILT problem) discovered that the last time it was from old straw in their bedding. If we notice ours sneezing we usually make sure they have a good vitamin supplement in the water, with some electrolytes...then watch. If they get worse than you really need to look at the other symptoms to decide what antibiotic to try, but we find Terramycin water soluble is always a good one to start with.

Back
Top Bottom