Solid(ish) yellow poop in lethargic hen

Aug 18, 2020
My 3 yr old EE Penny has been excreting very small and mostly solid yellowish poop for a week or two now. The droppings under her roosting spot also have a green tint to them along with the yellow solids. As of today, she’s lethargic with a droopy tail and has built up quite a bit of vent gleet/poop in her feathers. Her comb is also more purple than normal but it’s fairly large so I’m not sure if that’s also a concern. She’s eating and drinking but I’m not sure when she last layed. Her belly and crop feel normal. Her keel bone is a little more pronounced than normal and she feels slightly thinner overall. From the threads I’ve found so far, I’m thinking this all has something to do with worms, a reproductive issue, or even blackhead. The small poops she has look a lot like pictures I’ve seen of blackhead but I’ve heard that’s pretty rare. I would love some on what she has and how to treat it. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4964.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4963.jpeg
    IMG_4963.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4961.jpeg
    IMG_4961.jpeg
    681.7 KB · Views: 30
Worm her with Valbazen, 1/2ml orally using a syringe without a needle, redose in 10 days.
Give her plain boiled white rice mixed with buttermilk to eat for a couple of days, you can mix it in her feed if you wish.
Wash off her rear end to prevent fly strike.
Will do. Should I treat the rest of the flock with Valbazen too? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom