Solkie that keeps on sneezing

Faraz1

Songster
Aug 16, 2019
So i have a young grey silkie chick which is around 9 weeks old now. For the last 10 days or so she has been sneezing regularly with bubbles in the eye area (significantly reduced now).

10 days ago as soon as i noticed its behaivour i immediately isolated it from the rest of the flock and started applying VetRx to nostrils, comb and under wings once a day along with adding it to the drinking water.

In the last 10 days the bubbles have gone down and are barely noticable but the sneezing continues. Apart from that behaivour seems to be normal and chick is still isolated.

The other flock members are doing OK as well, however, 2 other hatch mates both silkies also seem to be sneezing frequently but no water or bubbles in eyes. The remain with the rest of the hatch mates (3 aseel gamefowl, 2 ko shamo gamefowl which seem to be unaffected by the sneezing)

Any tips on how to proceed with the situation as i cant keep the grey silkie chick isolated forever. Do i start some kind of antibiotics or other medicine ?

Back
Top Bottom