Sophie the Sapphire Gem House Hen

Thanks Boppo for the info. Will definitely read.

As for Sophie, she'll be quite happy as a single hen because she won't be alone still. Because she's a bonded chick, she won't really know she's a chicken, but will more likely consider herself a human or dog. I did a bunch of research first to check on this. While most people fall victim to chicken math (lmao) anyway, there are many (if not most) who start with a single house hen.

Absolutely if she was a backyard chicken it would be a different story and I'd want to have at least 3. But as a house pet it's a bit different :)
I actually don't even have a backyard, so we are going in many excursions together to parks and such for outdoors time.
This weekend she went on her first hikes! She loved it.
do you put her in a pet stroller? I love the idea of taking your chicken for walks or hikes!

do you put her in a pet stroller? I love the idea of taking your chicken for walks or hikes!
I do not, but my neighbour has one for her duck!
I got a cat/small pet backpack off Amazon. It was really easy to train hero go in just using chick mash (wet chick food). She now sees the backpack and hops in.
On hikes I wear it on my front and most of the time she sits on the top of the bag leaning against my chest :D

Back
Top Bottom