Starting baby geese

Goslings can be started on a crumbled or pelted chick starter. Place feed the first few days on egg case flats or other rough paper. Use the same type of feeders as used for chicks, changing type or adjusting size as the birds grow. Keep feed before the birds at all times and provide insoluble grit. After the first 2-3 weeks, a pelted chick grower ration can be fed, supplemented with a cracked grain.

I give our goslings the first five days starters crumbs for waterfowl and mix that after those five days with special waterfowl pellets for goslings. Be careful with food for chickens as often there are medicines in it which aren't good for goslings. But unfortuanately I don't know which brands of waterfowl feed you have in the US.
Our geese only eat grit during the breeding season when they are laying eggs. They eat more sand than grit over here.

Andrea

Stay away from any Medicated Chick feed, Geese and ducks do not do well on this. I used a a waterfowl feed, found at our local feed store.and yes they do need Grit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom