Still air incubator questions

KyBirdLady

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2023
I bought a still air incubator not to long ago, I’ve started 30 eggs six days ago, and the incubator has stayed at or close to 100 degrees; the humidity anywhere from 40-50%. Should I keep incubating like this till the end? What should I bump it to before hatching?

i had good sized one years ago when i had ducks and stuffed it full .. didnt change anything, just kept water in it .. they about all hatched ..

I bought a still air incubator not to long ago, I’ve started 30 eggs six days ago, and the incubator has stayed at or close to 100 degrees; the humidity anywhere from 40-50%. Should I keep incubating like this till the end? What should I bump it to before hatching?
Welcome to BYC! :frow

My first hatch was hand turned in a still bator and netted 100% hatch rate. Automation reduced that.

Still air should be 101.5-102 as measured at the top of the eggs. (100 *may* be okay enough if measured at the floor level as it's cooler lower down and IF that isn't too far off from where it should be relatively soeaking) Otherwise if 100 as measured at the top of eggs expect delayed deveopment and possibly also delayed hatch date.

45% humidity is good for first 18 days for most eggs, don't forget to turn them, prefferably an odd number of times daily minimally 3.

60-65% for lock down/hatching.. usually works well.. though if a high volume of eggs make it, humidity may spike additionally once external pips and zipping starts.

Long read, lots of technical stuff.. still fascinating link for anyone bitten by the hatching bug and got the chick fever..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom