Still need temp coop/run solution for 1-2 week transition

beezymama76

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
Hi! We're moving to Missouri and our 8 hens will need a safe place to live for 1-2 weeks while we stay with family before closing on our new place. I'm trying to avoid having to set up what would/should be a permanent coop/run at my Mom's just to have to tear it down 1-2 weeks later and move it and set it all up again. I looked into buying an inexpensive coop with attached run just for ease but for 8 birds I can't find anything decent for less than 3-400 bucks!

My husband is already relocated and doesn't have a ton of time out there to be building something too intricate just for temporary.

We will wire or cloth the run and cover it too because we have way more predators out there than we have here in Colorado in our small acreage neighborhood.

They'll need shelter from rain etc so my Mom's idea of just putting them in a covered outdoor dog run I don't think works....

Please any and all ideas!! Thanks.

I kept my first pullets in an open A frame. It worked great and I built it out of scrap wood. If you used two boards big enough, you could have a couple of perches wide enough for four hens each. In an enclosed cage you could leave the ends open, or shut one end off.

Back
Top Bottom