Switching up from chicks to pullets

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
A little over a year into this and now hubby has decided to go with pullets going forward vs. ordering chicks. Last I looked they are so much more expensive but I suppose when I consider feed costs it probably comes out in the wash. The chicks sure were cute to watch grow and all, but me incubating in this house had to stop.

We have a hoop coop so will not be brooding out in it so pullets it is. Wonder if I can find/afford a frizzle pullet? For some reason I really want a frizzle. Over the last year I had three but they did not make it. No fault of theirs.

If you order pullets, you still get to watch them grow up from Day 2 or so, just don't get to see them hatch and that process getting them all fluffy. It's not so bad. Then you don't have to worry about getting rid of your roosters either, although there's always those oopsies the breeders accidentally send, but that's not so common.

We have a couple frizzle silkies. Just watch for someone selling those. Perhaps the same place your hubby wants to by pullets would also sell some frizzles. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom