Swollen joint

Selenity

Chirping
Aug 22, 2021
Moncton, New Brunswick
EF1545C3-845C-46D2-8A5A-DF7946542105.jpeg
My female duck Sandy has been limping which happens sometimes to a few of them once in a while. Few days resting and they are always back to normal. I even separated my dominating male, lovingly named the AHole but also goes by Ferd, because I felt he was the reason (mating season coming full force in him). I’ve been keeping an eye out on my latest female Sandy who was limping. I noticed she was not putting any weight on her foot. I picked her up to see her joint swollen and hot. Picture to show. I’m planning to call the provincial vet tomorrow and will also search the threads but very interested in hearing your opinion. Thank you!

Last edited:
She may have an injury and the vet can give you Meloxicam for inflammation and pain. Does the bottom of her foot look okay no bumble foot? If the drake was chasing her down for breeding that could have caused it. I had to move my Runner drake and his females to another part of the property because the drake was chasing my Muscovy and one was limping. Just no telling what may have happened with your girl but if you can get her to the vet that would be the best way to go. Hopefully no infection going on.

Back
Top Bottom