The (ongoing) story of Kua, the broken-beak pullet

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, but I am thankful that your chickens have brightened your days. They have changed my life as well and I adore them. I truly hope your Lavender Rooster heals up quickly; if you have concerns perhaps you could post a new thread in the "Diseases/Injuries/Cures" section in case we might have any suggestions for you.

Sorry that the photos in this thread no longer work. Here's Kua.

Sadly, she met the fate of many "production" layers/sex links and passed away from reproductive issues (in her case, tumors) last year at a little over three years old. We miss her a lot. I hope your rooster has many many more years.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, but I am thankful that your chickens have brightened your days. They have changed my life as well and I adore them. I truly hope your Lavender Rooster heals up quickly; if you have concerns perhaps you could post a new thread in the "Diseases/Injuries/Cures" section in case we might have any suggestions for you. Sorry that the photos in this thread no longer work. Here's Kua. Sadly, she met the fate of many "production" layers/sex links and passed away from reproductive issues (in her case, tumors) last year at a little over three years old. We miss her a lot. I hope your rooster has many many more years.
My goodness! Only three years! I only had four years with my husband but they were happy years. I know it's the quality not the quantity but we all want what we love and enjoy to last forever. I'm looking forward to the paradise earth where I'll see him again. Then I can have all the chickens I want and also some mules and baby pigs! That's a beautiful picture of Kua. I have two red and two black Sexlinks. I got them a few weeks ago full grown. They're the only ones laying right now. Did you get more chickens? I already see what you mean about them being friendly. They'll eat out of my hand and don't mind all that much being picked up. And when I go to let them out in the morning and one is on the nest right at the door they don't even squawk. Pleasant little women.

Back
Top Bottom