Thoughts on moving outside.

Chickiemom25

Crowing
12 Years
May 13, 2011
North Alabama
The girls are 4 weeks.. it is in the 90s-100, with nights in the 70s. Expected to stay this way for anther 10 days at least. The heat lamp in the garage has been off for a week. Waht are yout thoughts on moving them to an outside brooder/ rubber trough to get some fresh air? there are 10 of them. and I would like to see them separated for another 3 to 4 weeks before joining the main flock.

IMG_1721.JPG

I think it should be fine, as long as there is plenty of shade, cold water, possibly a fan to move air. Every flock is different and there may be no problem integrating them, you can take it as it goes, if you need to wait longer that's fine too. I tried integrating too soon then just waited till after the younger chicks started laying eggs, then integrated with the older ones.

I think it should be fine, as long as there is plenty of shade, cold water, possibly a fan to move air. Every flock is different and there may be no problem integrating them, you can take it as it goes, if you need to wait longer that's fine too. I tried integrating too soon then just waited till after the younger chicks started laying eggs, then integrated with the older ones.
Since all mine free range I like to get them big enough that they can’t easily get through the chain-link and the dog recognizes him as a chicken not a chick so he doesn’t attack. He’s very good with the adults

Back
Top Bottom