Tiny black worms

Went to get eggs today and I noticed teeny tiny squiggly black “worms” on the eggs and in the nesting bedding. What are these?
Idk what they look like but I’m going to take a wild guess and say it’s a millipede. I saw them in my coop too and nesting box. Their harmless. Unless they aren’t wrapped like a millipede than I have no clue what you have. I’ve seen em around our yard and basement too.

So I changed the bedding in the nesting boxes yesterday and today the eggs were fine. I have two broody silkies. Wondering if them sitting in there all day and pooping is doing something gross….
Good idea to clean the nesting boxes, if they are pooping in there, do it daily.

Your broody girls are not getting off the nest to poop, are they pooping on eggs?

Generally a broody will leave the nest once daily to poop/eat/drink and dust bath.

Good idea to clean the nesting boxes, if they are pooping in there, do it daily.

Your broody girls are not getting off the nest to poop, are they pooping on eggs?

Generally a broody will leave the nest once daily to poop/eat/drink and dust bath.
There is always some poop on some of the eggs. They do get out of the boxes though…

Back
Top Bottom