TURKEYS DROPPING WET POO AFTER FEED SWITCH

Kalunga Pharms

Chirping
Jul 15, 2021
The turkeys are dropping more wet poo and the litter is getting wet unusually after I switched them a 30% home made feed. They hit 16 weeks yesterday and I am giving them this feed in a bid to get their weight upto the broad breasted level after they've had a quite slow start. I use oyster shells or eggs shells as calcium and phosphorus sources. Please, is there anything wrong with the formula or it's because it's been newly introduced to them? What can I do about it? Below is the ingredients and the formula I used;

SBM = Soybean meal
DCP = Dicalcium Phosphate

Gamebird Starter Feed[30%]

Maize 42.75
SBM 52.25
DCP 0.90
Salt 0.25
Lysine 0.25
Premix 0.30
Methionine 0.15
Toxin binder 0.15
Oyster shells 3.00
______
100kg

Last edited:
The turkeys are dropping more wet poo and the litter is getting wet unusually after I switched them a 30% home made feed. They hit 16 weeks yesterday and I am giving them this feed in a bid to get their weight upto the broad breasted after they had a slow start. I use oyster shells or eggs shells as calcium and phosphorus sources. Please, is there anything wrong with the formula or it's because it's been newly introduced to them? What can I do about it? Below is the ingredients and the formula I used;

SBM = Soybean meal
DCP = Dicalcium Phosphate

Gamebird Starter Feed[30%]

Maize 42.75
SBM 52.25
DCP 0.90
Salt 0.25
Lysine 0.25
Premix 0.30
Methionine 0.15
Toxin binder 0.15
Oyster shells 3.00
______
100kg
It's normal for their đź’©đź’© to change when the feed is changed. Should go back to normal in a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom