Twin Cities possible Amberlink swap

Jul 1, 2022
Hello,

I have three 1.5 yo layers and my Amberlink is very loud, I don't want to re-home her but I'm worried my neighbors will complain (she's especially chatty in the morning!)

Curious if anyone is looking to swap for a quieter hen. I raised this gal and I don't want to let her go but she stresses me out and we're very urban.

TIA!

(She's the white one).

Attachments

• IMG_20230805_111246445.jpg
    IMG_20230805_111246445.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 17
Hello,

I have three 1.5 yo layers and my Amberlink is very loud, I don't want to re-home her but I'm worried my neighbors will complain (she's especially chatty in the morning!)

Curious if anyone is looking to swap for a quieter hen. I raised this gal and I don't want to let her go but she stresses me out and we're very urban.

TIA!

(She's the white one).
Do you ever come to Wisconsin? I'm about 4 hours from you, and I'd give you a silkie hen that's about two years old and quiet as a mouse. I wouldn't want your hen, though, as I just raise silkies, but I suppose I could find a home for her easy enough.

Do you ever come to Wisconsin? I'm about 4 hours from you, and I'd give you a silkie hen that's about two years old and quiet as a mouse. I wouldn't want your hen, though, as I just raise silkies, but I suppose I could find a home for her easy enough.
4 hours isn't bad! Do silkies do OK with other breeds bigger than them? I'm fairly new to chickens. If you have a solid home for her I am open! I don't want Kupo eaten or anything 😹 I also don't have much room for more than 3 ladies Thanks for the reply!

4 hours isn't bad! Do silkies do OK with other breeds bigger than them? I'm fairly new to chickens. If you have a solid home for her I am open! I don't want Kupo eaten or anything 😹 I also don't have much room for more than 3 ladies Thanks for the reply!
Oh my no, she would not be eaten. People around here are always looking for laying hens, though, and most I know of are just like us, pets mostly. I do not have a home for her right this minute, but I'd keep her here until I did. I do know one lady that probably would but didn't ask her yet.

Silkies are pretty docile and won't be aggressive except to those little to them like they were picking on my 4-month-olds, but now that they're 5 months old, they're the same size, so they don't pick on them. 🤷‍♀️

I wish I'd known this a couple of months ago as we just went through the cities in August to get to Crosby, MN for a family reunion. I do not think we're going back home for a while, but my sisters and I meet every year in Eau Claire in early March, but even if you could wait that long, then I'd have Kupo in the car for the weekend! 😳 It's still cool out then so I suppose if that's what we planned, I'd make it work!

Oh my no, she would not be eaten. People around here are always looking for laying hens, though, and most I know of are just like us, pets mostly. I do not have a home for her right this minute, but I'd keep her here until I did. I do know one lady that probably would but didn't ask her yet.

Silkies are pretty docile and won't be aggressive except to those little to them like they were picking on my 4-month-olds, but now that they're 5 months old, they're the same size, so they don't pick on them. 🤷‍♀️

I wish I'd known this a couple of months ago as we just went through the cities in August to get to Crosby, MN for a family reunion. I do not think we're going back home for a while, but my sisters and I meet every year in Eau Claire in early March, but even if you could wait that long, then I'd have Kupo in the car for the weekend! 😳 It's still cool out then so I suppose if that's what we planned, I'd make it work!
Hi Debbie!

Thanks for the offer! I love the idea of a quiet silkie. I brought up the idea to my husband and he was horribly offended that I was considering it so I'll wait until someone complains and I have to take action...I'll reach out if so.

Have a great Fall!

Back
Top Bottom