Tylan 200 injectable-direct oral(preferable)& IM doses???

KClivlaughlove

Chirping
Jul 4, 2023
My vet ordered us a bottle of 500 ml bottle of Tylan 200 (only dose and strength available without lengthy backorder by manufacturer). He informed us we could give orally (direct...not in water), or IM, but did admit to not knowing what the doses were for chickens. Said,I should be able to locate information needed online. Prescribed for respiratory infection and in this manner due to hen not drinking enough water for the water soluable form to do much good, but also suspects possible gape worms in addition due to symptoms. Said wouldn't hurt anything to go ahead and deworm (using PanCur @ pea sized dolop once daily for 5 days as I've got it on hand) while waiting for prescription to arrive via UPS in a few days.
I'm told 0.25ml per 3 lbs every 12 hours for oral direct dose but still don't know for how long. I'm fearful of injection method due to causing possible muscle problems.
Will someone please assist me in dosages.

Attachments

• 20240209_175116.jpg
    20240209_175116.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 36
Tylan is given for 3-5 days. Dosage of Tylan 200 is 0.05 ml per pound of weight given 3 times an day, and I would give it orally to chickens and turkeys. If you can get a 1 ml syringe that would make dosing easier.

Panacur or SafeGuard dosage is 0.23 ml per pound given for 5 consecutive days orally.

Tylan is given for 3-5 days. Dosage of Tylan 200 is 0.05 ml per pound of weight given 3 times an day, and I would give it orally to chickens and turkeys. If you can get a 1 ml syringe that would make dosing easier.

Panacur or SafeGuard dosage is 0.23 ml per pound given for 5 consecutive days orally.
Is that for the PanCur paste (see image)

Is it safe to give both these treatments at the same time? Bossy is on day 4 of her PanCur treatment, so would it be ok to begin her tylan, or be best to wait... If wait, for how long should I wait in between before beginning the other treatment?
Also, is there a better time of day or night to give both/either of these treatments?...for example just after eating, before eating, first thing in am, just before bed... ECT. Or does it matter?

Attachments

• 20240210_162330.jpg
    20240210_162330.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 5
It can be easiest to get them off the roost just before daylight and after dark when back on the roosts at night to medicate or examine. I use a head lamp with the red light on, to sneak into the coop without awaking everyone. But the Tylan is given 3 times a day, and so you will need to give it once in the middle of the day. Tylan should be about every 8 hours.

Yes, that is the right dosage for the Panacur. It is 10% fenbendazole. It is fine to give Tylan and Panacur at the same time.
You have been so very helpful....One last❓,I think...lol.
Treat for 5 days with PanCur then repeat in ??? days & for the same period of time (5 days?) for the second round? Am giving for gapeworm treatment?

Just realized I was giving the pea sized dalop (which I quickly sucked off my finger into a syringe to ensure it was the approx .23ml... However, somehow looked over the fact you stated PER LB. So... In short, all 5 days were only approx. the .23 (pea sized dalop). Did I understand treat? And will now cause the worms to not only survive it but also now resistant to the treatment??? What do I do?

I would start over with the correct dosage for 5 days. Then there is no treatment after the 5 days.
Ok, great... Thank you so much.
Too clarify...it's .23ml per pound of bird of the PanCur for 5 days only.
So a 5 lb bird would get almost 1ml?? Am I looking at this correctly this time? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom