Up Late thinking about leg bands, Strombergs Custom Leg Bands?

Mr Oviraptor

Songster
Dec 9, 2021
Hi, I'm up late lol overthinking alot of things and I was wondering if anyone has ordered custom leg bands from Strombergs Chickens?, I want to get some to start banding my Old English Game Bantams, I don't like using zip ties since I think the custom aluminum bands look better

Zipties are ugly, I agree..Don't know about the aluminium ones. Couldn't the chickens hurt themselves? Because some like to pick on everything shiny.

Where I live you are obligated to put plastic bands on your duck. there are 7 colours (every year has it's own colour) and there is a number on it with a country code. So you always know the age and country of your animal. Next to this the code allows you to keep track of individuals when you have many. They come in handy ( you have to have them) when showing your birds too..

Only thing is, getting them on is very tricky. each breed has it's own diameter. Put them on to young, they fall off. wait a few days to long, the hocks are to big and you'll never get them on.

2118c225-4aae-4e04-bb51-a816267cae30.JPG

I use plastic zip ties, not handsome, but they last longer and stay on better than any of the plastic rings I've tried. A different color for every year, and some are numbered.
And I've never used the metal bands, which likely would last a very long time.
Mary

Hi, I'm up late lol overthinking alot of things and I was wondering if anyone has ordered custom leg bands from Strombergs Chickens?, I want to get some to start banding my Old English Game Bantams, I don't like using zip ties since I think the custom aluminum bands look better
I use seamless (closed) bands from this place, mine are stainless steel and very tough. They male split or open bands too and that's what I'd recommend, you can just bend them open with pliers and then put them on and bend them closed. They have different colors and are very customizable. Their prices are good and they usually ship quickly too, considering they're custom.
Here is a link
https://americanbirdbands.com/collections/open-bands

I've used AvianID before too, but they're out of the UK and thr bands take a lot longer to come.

I use seamless (closed) bands from this place, mine are stainless steel and very tough. They male split or open bands too and that's what I'd recommend, you can just bend them open with pliers and then put them on and bend them closed. They have different colors and are very customizable. Their prices are good and they usually ship quickly too, considering they're custom.
Here is a link
https://americanbirdbands.com/collections/open-bands

I've used AvianID before too, but they're out of the UK and thr bands take a lot longer to come.
Exactly what I was looking at, Do you know how much come in a box?

Exactly what I was looking at, Do you know how much come in a box?
However many you order. I think there's a 5 band minimum per size.
I usually get 30 or so per size but I'm using a bunch of different sizes. I have the year, my last name, and numbers 1-30 on mine. Though you can put on whatever you like. There's a number of different colors too if you go with the colored ones.

However many you order. I think there's a 5 band minimum per size.
I usually get 30 or so per size but I'm using a bunch of different sizes. I have the year, my last name, and numbers 1-30 on mine. Though you can put on whatever you like. There's a number of different colors too if you go with the colored ones.
I was gonna order 50, And do 1-50 for my Old English Game Bantams

Back
Top Bottom