UPDATE on eggs that are hatching today!

perfectly_polish

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
CT
Well I looked in the incubator first thing I did when I got up, but none of the chicks have hatched or pipped yet, I check again a few hours ago and still nothing. Then I went by the incubator and I hear a little "PEEP!" I looked in but still nothing so I walked by again about 10 minutes ago and I hear another "PEEP!" I figured out it was one of the Delware eggs peeping, it still hasn't pipped yet, but hopefully we'll have some chicks tomorrow, I can't wait! Wish us luck and keep you fingers crossed!

Thanks so much,
Sophia

fingers are crossed.
smile.png
What kind of eggs are you hatching besides Delawares? Jen

Quote:
In the incubator there are Delawears, Dominiques, Partride Plymouth Rocks, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Black Australorps, and Buff Orpingtons.

Only one hatched...the Delawear chick. I'm not sure why the others didn't hatched they looked perfectly fine. I only candled them on day 7 and 14 and then again on day 23 when they didn't hatch. Most of the egg was dark like there was a chick in it, the temperature stated at 99.5F constantly and the humidy was fine too. I guess just some things aren't ment to be. But since this little guy is lonley I might get some chicks from Salem Feed and Grain when they get them in. How long should I leave the eggs in the incubator before I know they defiently aren't going to hatch. Because this lady on another forum had eggs that were suppose to hatch but she kept them in here incubator 2 more weeks and they did...maybe that was only a one time thing. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time!

-Sophia :ri

Back
Top Bottom