****update!!****operation Moving Day Complete!!pic Heavy

Quote:
Yes, and it was the best $12.95 I ever spent to get those plans!! Their materials list was pretty much dead on. That was the biggest benefit for me. I have some construction experience, but am no means a carpenter, but the plans were VERY easy to understand and follow, and there were alot of areas I decided to go my own way for one reason or another but thats the beauty of this design, it's expandible, and can be easily modified to meet your needs, for example, the plans called for the pop door to be in the floor of the coop. I opted to put it in the side and have the ramp going out in the run to provide more space in the actual hen house, and to allow me to hang the feeder and waterer under the hen house, and to allow more shaded roosting areas.

Very beautiful coop! Now that it's been in use for a while, how does it work? How big is the actual henhouse part?

Think you could fit more chickens in it?

Am thinking of buying a 4X6 coop with 6X8 space under it, with an attached yard, and am told this is too small for 10 chickens. Just wondering. Your coop looks great.

Tx,
N. VA

The top of the coop is covered with hardware cloth below the rafters, I will be using those areas to dry herbs and sunflower seeds...

Great idea! Very nice job on coop.
thumbsup.gif

Great job...looks like the chickies are enjoying it!

Did you get the garage put back together? Itn't it amazing how long it all takes! We did the same thing and bought the chicks and brought them home and then had to figure out what to do with them...plus bought too many and straight run. Finally built the coop and then the grew and had to deal with the roo's. Now there are two runs, one coop, one temp coop for the lone rooster and in the next two weeks a second coop attached to the original coop....lol....chicken math at its finest!....and then there are the girls in quarantine for the lone rooster!

Back
Top Bottom