URGENT ADVICE NEEDED!

Ruggax

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2022
Hi all! I was just checking on my broody this evening before locking up, she’s had 5 eggs under her due to hatch in 2 days time.

Unfortunately, I noticed a bit of shell near her head so had a look underneath and she has squashed an egg so the chick was hanging out of the egg.

The chick is still alive, I’ve moved it into my incubator for warmth (which currently has 14 day 10 eggs in there) and to avoid mama hen killing it.

It looks to be breathing but hasn’t absorbed the yolk sac and there seems to be a bit of blood around what’s left of the shell, I didn’t pry too much to see if anything else was wrong because I didn’t want it to die from the cold or make matters worse.

Is there anything I can do or is this poor little baby a goner?

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpeg
    IMG_1849.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1851.jpeg
    IMG_1851.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 12
Well we had one chick hatch this morning and she has now killed it. The chick was doing well and was very vocal when I checked on them first thing but then she killed it soon after.

I took the other 3 eggs away and have popped them in the incubator, I’m hoping it hasn’t caused them any problems by moving them, I put them down my top until I got into the incubator but I’m worried I may have messed up the humidity for them or something.

Praying that the remaining 3 hatch and are all good.

Back
Top Bottom