Using Elector psp for mites.

Dani2236

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
I purchased a smaller dose of the psp and I bathed and treated my chicken (in quarantine) with Elector psp and I sprayed the bird very well. And the areas the bird has been also very well. I sprayed the chicken's vent/tail/preening gland/between the legs and under the wing feathers and beard. And I did that yesterday afternoon.
My question is, this morning when I went to put the bird outside I checked the tail area and I still saw just a couple. Is that normal after treatment with psp?

Which product did you buy?
Do you have picture of the bottle or a link to it?

Which product did you buy?
Do you have picture of the bottle or a link to it?
I bought 5mls from a trusted source on fb and I recently purchased a bottle from qc supply. It's being delivered Monday. And I will be buying a gallon sprayer to treat every thing and every where the bird has been

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_133930_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_133930_Chrome.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 11
I bought 5mls from a trusted source on fb and I recently purchased a bottle from qc supply. It's being delivered Monday. And I will be buying a gallon sprayer to treat every thing and every where the bird has been
Hopefully when your bottle arrives you'll get rid of the bugs.

Hopefully when your bottle arrives you'll get rid of the bugs.
Well I split the 5mls up and did two treatments. One I did 7 days ago. And I saw mites on him still. So I'm going to try again and mix 10mls in a gallon sprayer and do it all again. Who knew mites were so hard to get rid of

I purchased a smaller dose of the psp and I bathed and treated my chicken (in quarantine) with Elector psp and I sprayed the bird very well. And the areas the bird has been also very well. I sprayed the chicken's vent/tail/preening gland/between the legs and under the wing feathers and beard. And I did that yesterday afternoon.
My question is, this morning when I went to put the bird outside I checked the tail area and I still saw just a couple. Is that normal after treatment with psp?
I’ve been reading the data sheet and it says (as it can be used for all sorts of things including ordinary flies) that one of its benefits is that the flies are not completely killed immediately allowing them to leave before they die and that they are not immediately killed like with a fly spray. I’m just wondering if you got rid of yours. I am about to try it having just purchased a small vile of 5ml. I only have 7 chickens and none are badly infested.
So I’m interested in how you got on.
I’m thinking of diluting 1.6mls to make a 750ml spray. This is double the concentration written on my 5ml vile but I’ve calculated from the data sheet that is available from Elector PSP manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom