vitamin and electrolytes forever?

Dmparrish

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2023
I was thinking that my quails have been so healthy so maybe i would just continue to give them the supplement indefinitely. I have a whole container and i am only planning on having my dozen or so. Is there harm in it? Can they have 'too much?' (doing the powder mix i got at tsc 1/3 tsp per gallon of water)

I was thinking that my quails have been so healthy so maybe i would just continue to give them the supplement indefinitely. I have a whole container and i am only planning on having my dozen or so. Is there harm in it? Can they have 'too much?' (doing the powder mix i got at tsc 1/3 tsp per gallon of water)
I personally don’t see the point in doing supplements forever if they are healthy, but I’m not an expert.

If they're healthy, they don't need the supplements. I'm not 100% certain on what you're giving them, but there are plenty of supplements and vitamins that can be overdosed on.

In my opinion, it is better to give them a healthy feed and keep the supplements for when they're actually sick and need them.

If they're healthy, they don't need the supplements. I'm not 100% certain on what you're giving them, but there are plenty of supplements and vitamins that can be overdosed on.

In my opinion, it is better to give them a healthy feed and keep the supplements for when they're actually sick and need them.
:goodpost:

If your birds are healthy, then all they need is a complete and balanced, healthy feed ration, and plenty of clean water.
I only use any supplements if I have a weak or sickly chick.

Back
Top Bottom