Well, here goes my 1st try...

kiaya611

Songster
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Lebanon, OR
This is my 1st try at incubating eggs. I have altogether, 3 India Blue Peafowl, 6 Royal Palm Turkey and 5 Narragansett Turkey eggs. My primary incubator is an R-com 20 which is holding 10 of the eggs (3 peafowl, 4 Royal Palm and 3 Narragansett). The Little Giant 10200 (w/fan) was supposed to be my hatching incubator, but I didn't think of the egg size when I ordered the eggs, Sooooo...I have 4 eggs in it (2 Royal Palm and 2 Narragansett) until my Brower Top Hatch arrives (hopefully Saturday). Until then I get to hand turn the 4 eggs in the Little Giant.

I have included pics of my two set-ups. The temp and humidity settings shown on the R-com are slightly high, but based on a 4 day test with 6 digital thermometer/hygrometers to calibrate it. The inside temp shows 99.5°F and 59%RH which based on all I have been able to find out, is within the tolerence of both peafowl and turkey eggs.

3ibp4rpt3nt.jpg

2rpt2nt.jpg

I can now only hope that all goes well and that I keep up with my end of things.

Thought I would share.

Last edited:
there is no best way with a litle giant lol! I just laid them on their sides and had them marked x and o on each side. They would occasionally roll a bit after manual turning, but it wasn't major-a little aggrivating though.

Back
Top Bottom