What breed is a plain orange chick? (sorry no pic)

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!
I saw some pics from feathersite.com (thanks Meghan!)

Let's compare them from my pics, shall we?

Feathersite.com:

RIRChikLawn.jpg

RIRChixFeed.jpg

RIRChixGrass.jpg

Pics from store:

10122007005.jpg

10122007009.jpg

10122007004.jpg

10122007003.jpg

10122007002.jpg

You're correct!!! Those are Rhode Island Reds! (I think)

Please confirm!
yippiechickie.gif
Am I correct? Are they Rhode Islands???

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your leg. I did that once, hurt like HECK! Keep it elevated and take it easy. Otherwise your ankle will take YEARS to work right again.

I'm no chicken expert but I think you got it! They look like the RIRs to me, too. And if so, they are fantastic layers. The two ladies in my pic are the best ones in my flock. So tell your parents that LOL!

As for the 'sunshine chicken' LOL! Is that one of those chickens you let loose in the garden on cloudy days so your plants can still do photosynthesis? No idea what breed that is. Then again.. I am no expert.

Cute chicks!

Meghan

RIR's? Excellent layers? :|

OMG OMG WAAAH OMG WHOA OMG OUCH

Must.................have...........................WAAH!

I'll kill for one!!!!

Sunshine chickens - crazy! LOL

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
lyndatu,

I can't tell your location. Are you in the Philippines? W/c part? I will guess you are in the PI because of the "boracay tshirt and the fibisco carton"
smile.png

Sunshine is what we branded our line of free range chickens. Am not sure if what you have is ours.

I noticed that the store doesn't keep the brooder neat
sad.png

Those were bred from Parent Stocks, imported from France, chosen for taste, growth rate and adaptability to Philippine conditions.

They are F1s, first generation, bred for meat purposes. They are dual type of chickens, meaning broilers (meat) and the females are layers too. But since all of them are related, they are not meant for breeding.

You had several threads, I hope you read all of them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom