What Breed Is right For Me

Ya, so I have decided that we are going to get 15 chicks 1 being a buff rooster and the rest being mostly 50/50 of buff and white with 1 or 2 brown and lavender in there somewhere! Thank you guys so much, you have so much info it astonishes me!!!!!

Ya, so I have decided that we are going to get 15 chicks 1 being a buff rooster and the rest being mostly 50/50 of buff and white with 1 or 2 brown and lavender in there somewhere! Thank you guys so much, you have so much info it astonishes me!!!!!
Yay, this is so exciting! You're welcome :)

ok, I will but it probably be august because we will not be in a position to do it any earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any thing in the American class fits those criteria. What are your preferences on appearance? Do you require hardy birds? Want free-ranging capacity? Temperament? Prefer white or brown eggs? Growth Rate? Weight? Carcass type? What is in your area?
American breeds fitting your criteria include Plymouth Rocks, Wyandottes, Buckeyes, Rhode Island Reds, Rhode Island Whites, Chanteclers, Lamonas, Hollands, Delawares, and New Hampshires. I can’t vouch for broodiness, the only one I’ve raised is Buckeyes (which are broody.)
I would recommend two roosters at all times, but you only need to start with a breeding pair. If you are interested in breeding purebred fowl, I would recommend getting a Standard of Perfection and joining the APA. http://amerpoultryassn.com/

Any thing in the American class fits those criteria. What are your preferences on appearance? Do you require hardy birds? Want free-ranging capacity? Temperament? Prefer white or brown eggs? Growth Rate? Weight? Carcass type? What is in your area?
American breeds fitting your criteria include Plymouth Rocks, Wyandottes, Buckeyes, Rhode Island Reds, Rhode Island Whites, Chanteclers, Lamonas, Hollands, Delawares, and New Hampshires. I can’t vouch for broodiness, the only one I’ve raised is Buckeyes (which are broody.)
I would recommend two roosters at all times, but you only need to start with a breeding pair. If you are interested in breeding purebred fowl, I would recommend getting a Standard of Perfection and joining the APA. http://amerpoultryassn.com/
The OP has decided upon orps :)

Back
Top Bottom