What breed of ducks are these

So Idk why it won’t allow me to upload a video but the black duck makes a loud quack quack sound like Georgia and the brown one makes almost like a raspy whisper sound.
I have only owned my Georgia and Lucy (Gander) I thought he was a female for 2 years and realized he never gave us an egg and I named him wrong. We feel funny calling him Luke he comes to us by Lucy lol!
I have read some horror post on Fb in a duck and goose forum I follow and even though I’m sure the drakes are good to have at some point my gander and my rooster keep my flock safe and I would never want my chickens or Georgia to suffer or get badly hurt or even die.
One reason why when my boys have asked for more ducks I have said no because of Georgia. I did a lot of reading when she was given to me and Lucy because the feed store said they were returned and probably going to die they were depressed or sick. It was because they were by themselves and depressed once I put them together it was night and day! Started eating and drinking and noise makers lol. They love their chicken siblings they all grew up in same brooder.
If they are drakes they will have to be in a separate coop or even rehome I feel bad but Georgia and my hens safety are priority.
that's a sweet story lol
lucy gander :love

to post a video you have to first upload it to a hosting site like youtube or vimeo and then paste the link on here.

but from what you said i think the brown one is your drake

The brown looks like a dark Campbell drake. As others have said, the black sounds like a Cayuga female. I have a crested duck with my flock which includes drakes. I have never had any trouble. She turns her head and crest away from the boys during mating. Just keep a close eye on her.

The brown looks like a dark Campbell drake. As others have said, the black sounds like a Cayuga female. I have a crested duck with my flock which includes drakes. I have never had any trouble. She turns her head and crest away from the boys during mating. Just keep a close eye on her.
I think I’m more worried about my drake with my hens and of course Georgia. But I am also worried about my gander because he is very protective of my silkies and Georgia. He has bit me and my boys a couple times when we got to close to his girls! I have seen him already go after my ducklings. When they got to close to Georgia. I’ll play everything by ear. And keep close eye on them. I’m sure I’ll end up making them him a separate area with his female friend since they have grown up together.

Back
Top Bottom