What Colors Overpower Black?

Breeding to dominant white will give you paint/erminette chicks.
X2
and because this is birchen, not black...
Dominant white
Buff
Laced
Barred
Transverse pencilled
Spangled

Not all these patterns will manifest completely, and they may be ugly in your opinion, but you won’t get a plain birchen bird.
What do you have?

X2
Dominant white
Buff
Laced
Barred
Transverse pencilled
Spangled

Not all these patterns will manifest completely, and they may be ugly in your opinion, but you won’t get a plain birchen bird.
What do you have?

Would any of these crosses besides dominate white give a patterned or non black colored chick down?

just in case the OP was just wondering about chick color and not adult color.

X2
Dominant white
Buff
Laced
Barred
Transverse pencilled
Spangled

What do you have?
I have buff and laced.

I have two breeds with the extended black genes that I included when I was making my project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons. The breeds are Barred Rocks, & Black Australorps. Very few, well actually I only had 1 solid black chicken out of my whole batch of F1s.

I don't have a picture of that hen, but she's solid black with a tiny smidge of red in the hackles.

The others that hatched were Buff, Red, Brown Faced with black, with a headspot. They grew up to be solid in color except the ones with the headspot, which are my project birds.

Second batch was slightly different. 1 solid chestnut red, & 1 with a golden body, faint chipmunk stripes, with a headspot.

The chestnut chick grew up to be silver partridge. The golden chick grew up to be wildtype based gold Barred bird.

Trying to help give ideas;).

Back
Top Bottom